I never minded the end of summer. I have always looked forward to it, actually. Clearly it's not my favorite season. As a young girl when the days were getting shorter and the breeze was getting cooler, most people were taking advantage of those last few beach days while I was happily preparing myself for the start of a new school year. After a free flowing summer I welcomed structure, deadlines and routine. I loved the feeling of a fresh start, being in a new classroom with a new teacher, having new subjects to study and crisp, untouched notepads. Was there anything better than writing on the first page of a brand new notepad? I'd buy new school supplies and organize it all neatly in my backpack, I'd color code my day planner with new highlighters, and I would make a list of things to do differently to have a better year than the last. I'd even get a new hair cut.

I'm in my late twenties now and not much has changed. Although I'm not going back to school in September, I am still anxiously awaiting the end of August for the much needed change of pace. I already have my list of goals set, although many of them are from last years list that were never crossed off. I'm already searching for the perfect dark brown to dye my hair, and I'm pinning exercise routines that I'll enjoy doing because it's no longer blistering hot outside. I'm looking forward to conferences and workshops that will keep me motivated and more involved at work, and at the end of my week having plenty of time to relax so I can go back to work feeling rested. To spend a Saturday baking, to have energy to cook a proper meal, to sip a cup of tea under a blanket as a fire cracks in the stove... I am so excited.
Are you like me? Or do you wish summer could last forever?
Rachel Emmilee

Comments

  1. I start to look through Pinterest at all the Fall outfits I can hope to organize out of the clothes I already have. I look forward to "warm" food again. Hot days and cool nights. It helps that Fall here is beautiful of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally do the same and I'm surprised I forgot to mention that... I love to organize my closet and create new outfits, and of course, shopping for a few new things for the season is fun too! I'm so ready!

      Delete
  2. Fall is my favourite season, but I'm always bummed about the end of summer. I think there's so much pressure to make the most out of summer that I always feel like I didn't get enough done and then it flies by! Plus I love the beach. BUT Pinterest is making me excited for fall, just a little bit. I'm not ready to whip up a PSL yet (Starbucks needs to slow their roll on that one) but sweaters, boots, and slow cooker recipes are beginning to sound good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.