The Summer Seemed To Last Forever...




We've been taking advantage of every moment to have fun in the sun. Planning everyday to meet up with friends and family, spending hours upon hours on the beach, afternoons at local watering holes and late nights at festival events is what Summer is all about. We haven't stopped. Both of our families and almost all of our friends come home this time of year to relax, unwind and catch up with everyone. It's called Gathering Week, and it's a complete shit show to be perfectly honest.

 
 
"Shit Show:   
 
 
Used when “shenanigans” is just not adequate. A shit show denotes general craziness, debauchery, alcohol use, drama and sheer insanity all occurring simultaneously. One does not usually realize the shit show is occurring until the following day."
 
 Some highlights include, in no particular order...
  • Being G's biggest fan, following his band around like it's my job and being especially proud of him during the last Opry Tribute.
  • Sipping on ice cold margaritas, iced coffees and Keith's Light on the sand.
  • Jigging fish and sunbathing on a friends fishing boat.
  • Enjoying quiet evenings at home, writing and sipping on tea.
  • Watching the sun go down and fireworks go up.
  • Dancing in puddles under outdoor beer tents.
  • Waking up needing coffee like we've never needed coffee before.
  • Tailgating the 57th Annual Broad Cove Concert and tapping our feet along to the Ashley Mac Isaac who opened for the Gordie Sampson
  • Partying with all of our favorite people at all hours of the night.
  • Welcoming friends' babies into the world with lots of kisses and cuddles.
  • Eating our fair share of beach burgers and BBQ. 
  • Never missing an episode of Big Brother. 
  • Tanning, sippin' and girl talkin' beside the pool.
  • Skipping down to the beach for a quick dip after work.

The thought of having another whole month of summer ahead of us is both exciting and overwhelming.  At this very moment however, it's pouring down rain and thunder is rolling overhead shaking the entire house. I am so, so happy for this. I woke up this morning and actually prayed for nasty weather so come tonight, we'd have a good excuse to relax at home. I got in from work, locked the door behind me and here I am. I am so exhausted, and this post is the extent of my productivity today.

Summer is kicking my ass, but I love it.


Rachel Emmilee
XO

Comments

  1. Sounds like you've had quite an amazing Summer so far! I hope August is every bit as fulfilling and exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! My July consisted of being stuck in Philadelphia heatwave while my feet swelled up to look like elephant legs/feet. It's almost over. August is almost here and it should get better since I give birth in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.