My "Other" Sister

... I didn't know my sister read my Blog until I saw this comment on my recent post, The Next Place. When my email inbox alerted me that I had a comment from "Anonymous," I had no idea what I was in for. My sister and I have a really hard time talking about this and putting into words just how hard of a time we had and still have with the loss of our little sister.

I wanted to share this with you, my readers, because one thing I like to do on my Blog is share how wonderful my friends and family are. I think this note from my Sister says it loud and clear...


"Dearest Rach,

I just wanted to tell you how much I love that you shared this part of your life and especially the significance of this book on your blog. I cried as I read every word of your post, understanding each and everything you felt that day. It never goes out of memory. Long before she had been sick, I remember us saying to each other that we wouldn't know what we would do if we lost her and we did not want to imagine having to live without her. Sadly that day came. Here we are three years later. None of it was easy, but we got through her death. We have used many important tools along the way to guide us; our faith, strength from each other, our family, friends and the beautiful memories of our life with her. She would be so proud of you Rachel, or I should say... She is very proud of you and so am I.

 Lots of love from your other sister,

E

 xoxoxoxo"



Isn't that the sweetest? I am so lucky to have her.

XO

Comments

  1. Wow, that is the sweetest thing ever!!! Everyone deserves a sister like this. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.