It's September First And I Am Currently...



FEELING out of shape and a bit nervous about taking my workout from the comfort of my living room to a studio full of women for my first session of Pound classes this fall. 


READING sewing patterns, or at least trying to. 


LISTENING TO Brothers Osborne, Port Cities and Lady Gaga's Joanne album on repeat.


WATCHING Big Brother and The Sinner, which is so incredibly twisted - and just starting season two of Game of Thrones. Totally late to the GOT party, but better late than never.


PLAYING the guitar after months of neglecting it. It was a gift from G years ago and sadly it's not something I really stuck with, but every now and then I pick it up, attempt a song or two and get inspired to learn more.


WORRIED ABOUT getting everything I need for a fun weekend in Montreal in a carry-on bag.


WORKING ON a formal dress by pattern, hoping that it's something I can wear to a friends wedding next summer.


CONSIDERING cutting my hair even shorter but concerned that I'd have to put more time into styling it, and that wouldn't fly for this air-dry-only gal.


CRUSHING ON my husband, and before you roll your eyes know that I said Jason Momoa and Justin Trudeau last time I filled this out, but this time I have to give credit where credit is due. My husband is my favorite, for more reasons than I can list. 


EATING corn on the cob with lime, Parmesan cheese, chili powder and paprika sprinkled all over. Also, I can't get enough salad with this homemade blueberry vinaigrette. 
  • 1 cup (give or take) of fresh blueberries.
  • 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
  • 6 tbsp EVOO.
  • 1/4 honey. 

DRINKING my coffee with almond milk and honey.


EXCITED FOR my weekend away with friends to see Lady Gaga in Montreal.


EXCITED ABOUT all things fall, my favorite season, just around the corner.


MISSING my pool already, even though I'm sure I can get a few more swims in before we shut it down for the fall and winter. 


AVOIDING the task of painting our bedroom. I really want white walls, and I know it wouldn't take me long to do it - but I can't seem to muster up the energy or make the time. 


STRUGGLING WITH the fact that some of my favorite clothes don't fit anymore. Whoops! #ThisIs30


HATING that I went to the beach ONE time this summer. ONE time, isn't that sad? For those of you who don't know where I live - the most beautiful beaches you ever did see are never more than five minutes from me. I can see the ocean from my office and both of our family homes, not to mention the beach is only a five minute drive from our house. I am slack.


LOVING our Endy mattress so, so much. I'm having the best sleep of my life in that bed.


XO

Comments