Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


Guys, I am going away this weekend and desperately need to delete pictures from my phone to free up space for more pictures - and if you know me, you know that almost all of the pictures on my phone are pictures of food. So what I'm saying is, I need to delete pictures of food so I can take more pictures of food.


I have very good intentions when I take pictures like this. I can't keep a good thing to myself - which is nice of me, don't you think? Whether it's a good show I've watched, a good book I've read, a beauty product I swear by or in this case an awesome gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe - I need to inspire at least one person to watch it, read it, buy it or try it. Like, now.


Which brings me to this picture of milk and cookies...





To you this is just another picture of milk and cookies - nothing special, they don't even look that good - but to me it's so much more. It's a reminder to never give up, to keep fighting the good fight, to have faith. Faith that a seriously good gluten free cookie exists. Okay, I'm getting carried away but anyone who knows what it's like to try and fail and try and fail when searching for the perfect gluten free recipe gets it. The day I made these cookies was good day, and I knew it was my duty to share the recipe with the world.


TIPS:


* You're going to want to make the cookie dough ahead of time and set it in the fridge to chill. The consistency will be softer than regular cookie dough, therefor harder to work with. You want to make sure your cookies hold their shape when baking and don't melt into one big cookie.


* Speaking of one big cookie, this cookie dough would make a great base for a fruit pizza or layered dessert.


* Roll the cookie dough into a log using cling wrap and freeze it. Whenever you need some quick cookies, thaw the log just enough to slice perfect cookie rounds and throw them in the oven.


* Why not add nuts or caramels or sea salt to the mix? I think any variation of these cookies would be bomb.


YOU WILL NEED:


2 1/4 cup of GLUTEN FREE all purpose flour like my favorite, President's Choice.
1/2 tsp of GLUTEN FREE baking soda like my favorite, Magic.
2 sticks of unsalted, soft butter.
1/2 cup of white sugar.
2 tsp vanilla.
1 cup of brown sugar.
1 tsp salt.
2 eggs.
2 cups of GLUTEN FREE chocolate chips, white or semi-sweet or both like my favorite, Hershey's.


In one bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.




In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, mix the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until fluffy. Turn your mixer down to slow speed and add the salt, egg and vanilla and mix together. Then add the dry ingredients followed by the chocolate chips and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Place mixture in the fridge to firm up and later, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop mounds of cookie dough 1-2 inches apart. I wouldn't take my time with this step, the more you handle the cookie dough the softer they get and again, you want them to keep their shape when baking. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. I take the cookies out of the oven when the edges are dark and the center is still slightly soft as they will continue to bake when removed from the oven.


You're welcome!


Rachel Emmilee
XO

Comments