Focus on the Good



Having spent New Years Eve under the covers asleep long before midnight, and having been isolated in OPD receiving fluids through an IV for most of New Years Day, it's safe to say I didn't ring in 2015 in style... But that's okay.
After a beautiful Christmas with my parents, I got hit with a nasty bug that knocked me off my feet and right into my bed for a few days. Literally in bed for days, looking, sounding and feeling like death. During those few days I tried my best to think positive. One of the many goals I've set for myself this year is to focus on the good, and although it was very difficult to see the good in said New Years Eve events, having no energy, a splitting headache, congested sinuses, a terrible cough and what felt like shards of glass lining my throat, I came up with this...
  • I have a warm house. I am safe here. This bed is not going anywhere.
  • Keith Urban concert from the comfort of my living room? Win.
  • Better yet, attending a Keith Urban concert this summer in PEI? Huge win.
  • Group texts are amazing. All of my caring friends in one conversation making each other laugh and helping each other from different parts of the Province is amazing. I don't even have to speak, just read and reply, and even from this germ-filled bed I am not missing anything.
  • I can finally binge watch Gossip Girl and not feel guilty about it. I've only ever watched bits and pieces of it now and then while tidying my room or getting ready to go out, so it's taken me a year and a half to get through Season 1. Well, I'm going to watch an entire Season today and an entire Season tomorrow and I'll finally know what's up and it will be awesome.
  • Speaking of awesome, Netflix is frigging AWESOME.
  • Thanks to this constant coughing and hacking I legit have abs of steel.
  • My husband is a gem. Between working hard on the kitchen downstairs and stopping every so often to come upstairs, check on me, bring me things to drink and snack on, he is really going above and beyond. He is taking care of everything and expecting nothing from me despite all we have to do, and he's encouraging lots of rest. On New Years Eve when I apologized for being so lame he said, "It's not what you're doing that's important, it's who you're with." Like really? I am extremely lucky, and I want to kiss his face off and I don't care if I give him my germs...
  • ... But I can't kiss him. But when I can, oh it will be great.
  • Our kitchen is finally in the end stages of its transformation and I could not be more excited.
  • All this down time has got me meal planning, recipe pinning and list making.
  • I'm convinced our dog is the stuffed animal I wished would come to life back when I was a little kid. He is the cutest, sweetest little thing and he adds so much joy to my life.
  • My family call me a lot. This is good, as it is proof they love me very much, just as I love them.

See that? I'm already carrying out one New Years Resolution like a boss. Try it, focus on the good.


XO

Comments

  1. Love the New Year spirit :) Sorry you didn't have a great start of the year but you are right about having so many other great things to be happy about

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.