Wednesday

Put your arms around me and I'm home.

I am snuggled up on the big chair beside the wood stove in the big room. This is where I will spend the entire winter, as snug as a bug on a rug. My entire right side is hot to touch from the fire burning beside me, but it's so lovely considering how cold it is outside. It's a dark fall day, the wind is blowing so hard that the draft in the stove is whistling and the tree branches are scratching against the windows. The chill in the air would have you believing that snow is soon on it's way. Home alone, I am nestled into my happy place with the computer on my lap, the TV set on the Food Network and a pot of tea steeping on the stove. G is out with friends.

I look around and reflect on my life, where I'm at and how I feel. I have grown to love our new home so much, despite it being set in quiet hills and distanced from our friends and family. I never thought I would love the quiet so much. I've never thought I'd feel so at home. Is it the house, is it the stage of life I am in, or is it him? Thinking about that I get emotional. I think it's him. I think it's the love I feel for him, the feeling of security he's provided me with, the feeling of safety and the hopes and dreams we have for our future. Looking around at the space we created together, the space I feel so attached to, I know it would follow us no matter where we go... Those feelings of warmth and contentment would be with me no matter where we were. As long as we're together, I'm at home.

Now, to take sappiness to another level, a song to reflect my mood...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.