Tuesday

Merry Christmas!

Christmas 2013.
 
 
Boy, did I slack off this Christmas! With the monstrous renovations taking place at our house, we didn't do so much as hang a wreath let alone put up a Christmas tree. Now that's a first. See, things don't go as smoothly as they do on HGTV programs. We faced many road blocks and delays and had many days where we just didn't have time to work on the house, so our completion date has come and gone and still we're in a mess. It's okay. We don't have kids, we didn't have anything pressing us to be finished by Christmas and thankfully we have both of our family homes that offer that warm, inviting Christmas nostalgia that our home can't. We're actually having fun with it. Although it's been a bit overwhelming at times, it's extremely satisfying to see progress and know you did it all yourself. So what if it's taken longer than we anticipated? It's all good. We're extremely fortunate to be able to make these changes, and this business of living out of our bedroom hasn't been that bad. Wink wink.
 

So that's that. Our 2014 Christmas may appear pretty dull if you're judging by the amount of lights and decorations we've displayed, but I assure you it has been everything but. Our shopping is done and tonight I'll spend the evening with Mom wrapping gifts, sipping mulled cider and snacking on crackers and cheese, I've hugged all of my best friends, I've danced at Christmas parties and sported some festive red lipstick. Hubby and I have been singing Christmas carols in the car, we watched Love Actually and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation under the covers, and we're looking forward to a few days of eating, drinking and laughing with our favorite people. We may not have a tree or lights, but we have our health and a special kind of love. I am really happy, and life is good.
 

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!
 
 
XO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.