this post where I admit my unhealthy habits have caught up to me. I set goals to become more active and made changes to my diet, sleeping patterns and attitude in general. I became tired of feeling tired, uninspired and out of shape so something had to be done. Being a healthier, happier person meant making changes and finally taking control.
So far in the exercise department...
- We bought a treadmill and I've used it several times, once even reaching the 5K mark. I've also hit the dirt road a few times with G and a running group.
- I've been busting into squats daily and sometimes several times a day to tone my thighs and bum. In just a couple of weeks I honestly see a big difference!
- I complete upper body strengthening exercises a few times a week with 8-10lb weights targeting biceps, triceps, deltoids and traps.
- Because my job is to encourage and provide rehabilitation exercises, I decided to complete the exercises as well. (No brainer, right?)
- I've become more conscious of my core and engage abdominal muscles more often.
So far in the healthy eating department...
- I've been drinking upwards of two litres of water per day.
- Eating a lot of green vegetables, grapefruits, eggs and loaded spinach salads.
- I haven't been skipping breakfast and consume four servings of fruit and one serving of dairy in a morning smoothie.
- We're cooking without added salt, salty seasonings or sauces.
- Reading labels when shopping and going with the healthy alternative like lean, whole wheat, no added preservatives, antibiotics or hormones.
- Snacking on nuts, raisins and high protein foods that combat hunger and are nutritious.
- Choosing red wine over beer or sugary cocktails.
- I completely removed pop and soft drinks from my diet.
So far in the attitude department...
- I have convinced myself that I don't need a tanning bed to feel Spring and Summer ready, but I have treated myself to a hair appointment and scheduled a massage for some much needed self love.
- I coat my body in moisturizer every single night to nourish my skin and combat dryness.
- I have reviewed pay stubs and bill statements and contacted bill collectors to review the status of my accounts. Reorganizing my debt repayment plan made me feel in control and on the ball.
- I'm napping when I feel tired and going to bed at a reasonable time and intern, I've been waking up earlier without an alarm clock.
- I did a total clean of my kitchen re-organizing my cabinets and pantry. Having a perfectly organized and clean kitchen makes you want to spend more time in it preparing food.
... I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT, bitches!