Saturday

Sniffles on Saturday



I'm spending this Saturday on the couch sipping a hot toddy. I'm hoping to sooth a sore throat, stuffed nose and an overall yucky feeling that has me moving at a sluggish pace and looking like death. After a hearty breakfast my husband left for afternoon band practice and I'm excited to have a few hours alone with my lazy puppy, no house work to do and nothing expected of me all day. I can relax with the computer, watch Finland beat USA in the Bronze Medal game, and lounge in my pajamas.

I could dwell on the fact that I've caught a cold and the weather is upsetting, because trust me I'm so over it, but I decided to look at the bright side of things to try to turn my mood around. Although I sound like quite the pissy pants lately, I assure you there are plenty of things that are making me happy...


Grinding my own coffee beans
My family
Renee's Greek Yogurt Herb & Feta Dip kicked up a notch by adding extra feta cheese
Stacey's Pita Chips or fresh veggies with said dip 
Chugging cold apple juice
Sleeping like a baby with an eye mask and ear plugs
My Kitchenaid Mixer
Being color-coded-organized with a day planner
The thought of a week long summer vacation with my whole family
Being registered for my first ever 5K run with my "Sole Sister"
My Samsung Tablet
Reading again, and currently reading Gone Girl
The thought of studying from home and being a student again
Watching the Winter Olympics
#misheardlyrics trending on Twitter
My Dad quit smoking


See, it ain't so bad. Happy Saturday!

Rachel Emmilee
XO







3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather. And that's amazing that your dad quit smoking! Yay for focusing on the positive!! I was sick with a stomach bug last week and I definitely complained to the max about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I MUST Try that Renee's dip? You can just find it at Sobeys/Superstore errrr...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superstore! I have to admit to buying two tubs at a time and adding fresh crumbled feta makes it thicker and so much better! The pita chips are also a must try, COSTCO...

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.