Thursday

The time I got a phone call from a famous actor...

 It was during the Toronto International Film Festival. I was sitting at work and my phone rings.
 
I answer.

 A familiar voice with a strong British accent asks, "Would this be Rachel?"
 
Oh, by the way you need to read this conversation with your best accent. Except my parts, of course. Unless you're already British, then you can read my parts in your best Canadian accent...

"Yes, this is Rachel... Who is this?"

"Well. This is Bill."

"Okay... Hi Bill..."

"I just met your father, he says you're a fan of my films."

I laughed nervously, "Okay..."

"I told him to ring you up on the tele and I'd say hello. It's Bill."
 
"Okay... Hi Bill... I'm not quite sure if I..."

Confused, I stopped to think, but he quickly chimed in with something along the lines of...

"Bloody hell you either know me or your father is rather dodgy now isn't he?"
 

 
And then it occurred to me that I was actually speaking to Billy Mack from Love Actually. My Dad bumped into him at a café downtown Toronto and explained that Love Actually is my all time favorite movie. I think I went on to repeat this is so cool about four times until I couldn't anymore and he just wished me "luck and happiness and all that good stuff" before hanging up the phone.

And that's pretty much it, but how cool is that?
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I was just watching Love Actually the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! That is awesome! I would love that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read your parts with my best accent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I'm jealous, I love Bill Nighy :)
    http://lifeinsidethelocket.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing! Awesome experience for you :)
    Ps thanks for the trailer to the movie- cannot wait to see it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.