Monday

Although I have missed you all so much...




Yep, I couldn't have said it better myself. I took a much needed break from the normal everyday, but I'm back in full swing.

It's officially Spring and although I am excited that the days are getting longer and warmer, I find this time of year a bit stressful, do you? For one, I feel a lot of pressure to update my entire wardrobe with trendy, spring fashion. Secondly our lawn and gardens are a mess, our pool looks more like a swamp and there are a million projects staring me in the face each time I pull into our driveway. I have no idea where to start! Once inside, I'm faced with windows that need cleaning, trim that needs a second coat of paint, dust and fingerprints that I never noticed in the darkness of Winter. I swear I need to take a week long vacation to get ready for Summer!

With that being said I did start, and even completed a few home projects. Thanks to my one stop shop, Winners, I gave our bedroom a beautiful makeover, hung some new art and curtains throughout the house, added to my tea pot collection and finally framed some of our sweet wedding photos. Doing this inspired me to paint our kitchen a nice fresh color to brighten the space, and I gave some of our wood furniture a face lift.  I get so much out of making these little changes, there's nothing more satisfying than putting a finishing touch on a space that you love to live in.

The last few months have been action packed with a lot of change. I promise to fill you in by finally publishing the several drafts that I have started over the last few weeks, but until then I'll fast forward to right now.This weekend came and went with mixed emotions. It marked another year that my sister has been gone which brought back a lot of painful memories no matter how hard I tried to think of the good ones. It was hard, but thankfully I was surrounded by family and friends.

On the plus side, over the weekend G's band pulled off another amazing Opry tribute and sold out to two awesome, high energy crowds. It's so fun to be a part of such an amazing production. The time, energy, dedication and talent that goes into it is so impressive! Thankfully, I was able to take my mind of how hard this weekend was four years ago and enjoy great music, great company and my cute guy in a cowboy hat.

More to come...

Rachel Emmilee
XO






5 comments:

  1. nice to see you're back to posting! And I totally agree, spring is kind of stressful, it always seems that I have a million things on the go come this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand the overwhelmed feeling, the key is to breathe.
    We're given special time to get these beautiful projects done (I'm very excited for you!), it'll all happen when it's supposed to, I believe that. Looking forward to reading what you've been up to!
    Sending love and hugs,
    xx J

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.