Thursday

Did I Mention...





Did I mention there is a lot happening with me right now?

Well, there is.

A lot.

Work things are happening. BIG things. Scary, intimidating but very good things. More on that a little later.

Did I mention that I love cooking and hosting parties?

Well, I do.

So GUESS WHAT... I am responsible for catering a hospitality suite this weekend in Halifax. It's kind of a big deal. The function will host upwards of 800 people from all across Nova Scotia. When the AGM events are over both Friday and Saturday evening, folks mix and mingle throughout the Marriott Hotel getting their drink on in the suites. That's where you'll find me! Last year I only mingled, but this year I'll both mingle and take the credit for the delicious snack table.

I've spent the last 24 hours planning, making lists and packing the Jeep with everything I'm going to need to prepare and serve. By the way, shopping for food for events is stressful and buying 12 blocks of cream cheese at a time is embarrassing. We leave for Halifax tomorrow morning and once I'm there I have to rush to meetings, rush back to bombard my friends kitchen, then run back to the Hotel to set up the suite and serve my h'orderves. It's going to be a long night and I have to be on my game; not only do I want the snacks to be a success, but the annual-mingle-with-work-big-wigs is intimidating. 

Did I mention there is a mother of a storm coming?

Well, there is.

So that means if we leave here by 7am, we arrive in the city by noon. Yawn.

In other news. We've gone back to talking about the idea of building a new home. There has been some talk about having our engagement story published in a book, and last but not least... I am going to be a student again! Yep, turning my brain on and enrolling in some online courses. Like I said, cha-cha-cha-changes!

Change is good. I didn't think I needed change, but all of a sudden I feel very free... Content... Secure... And just positive overall.

So, did I mention there is a lot happening with me right now?

Well, there is!

Rachel Emmilee
XO

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap, that all sounds awesome! Change is good, as they say, and this is especially so. I guess that means you'll have a lot to blog about then? :) That is, when you're not busy being a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOly smokes you have a lot going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the catering event! I've never worked in the catering industry before, but every time I think of it I think of Sarah Dessen's book "The Truth About Forever" as the main girl worked in a catering company over the summer, haha. Stay safe from the storm this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 800 ppl? I'd have an anxiety attack! Congrats on going back to school. What will you study?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 800 at the entire AGM, not near as many in our suite... Just people in and out, snacking and drinking... :)
      It was a success! :)
      I'll share all my work/education details soon! :)

      Delete
  5. "There has been some talk about having our engagement story published in a book" ...Colour me intrigued

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.