Thursday

The Grand Ole Opry



 

Howdy!

For the last five months, G has dedicated two nights a week and every single Saturday to band practice. Being a drummer, he was asked to be in the house band for the Grand Ole Opry Tribute production scheduled to open over the Holidays. All three shows were sold out in less than an hour and for months it's all people have been talking about. Looking back on it's success, I think it will be talked about for a long time and I'm sure there will be demand for more shows in the future!

In my house growing up, Mom listened to old country music all the time. Let's just say, I'm a little bit country and G's a little bit rock n' roll. From an early age I've been a fan of Conway, George Jones, Dolly and Loretta Lynn but G never listened to the old stuff. Now, after months of listening to the songs, singing along and dressing the part I think it's safe to say he's officially converted.

The show was amazing. Every performance was great and I truly felt like I was in Nashville all weekend long. The set, the costumes and the over all energy made it feel like the real thing. Being a volunteer, I also had to dress in costume and channel a southern bell. I had access to the green room, helped out backstage and watch the performers prepare for the show. Over thirty people were involved so by the end of it, the cast and crew felt like a great big family. I'm sad to see it come to an end, but a tiny bit excited to have my husband back...

 ... just hoping he keeps the cowboy hat, tight jeans and boots!


Yeehaw!


5 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!
    Btw, congrats on being Featured Blogger over on 20sb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing I love more than country music!! This sounds like a blast :)

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a blast! I love country music!!! I also have to say there's nothing i like more then seeing my husband in tight jeans and cowboy boots, so I hope yours kept his!

    <3 -Heather @from my heart to yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww congrats to G, so amazing. We saw the pictures on Instagram and you looked beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome!!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun!!! and definitely something memorable to be a part of!!!

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.