- I have made a conscious effort to see what my laundry room floor looks like. One of my dirty little secrets of 2012 was that there was never a time where I didn't have a pile of laundry building up on my laundry room floor. I promised myself I would a) keep up with our laundry by doing a little each day and b) throw away or give away all clothes we aren't wearing and c) organize our laundry area so I actually enjoy being in it and d) stop using a new towel every time I shower and e) stop forgetting about the wet clothes in the washer for days at a time and f) just kidding, I'm done now.
- I started the decluttering process. Inspired by Amy at Rainy Saturday, I decided it was time to get rid of all the makeup, perfumes and other beauty products that are taking up space and not being used. I've also given away two of my four hair straighteners and tossed at least ten razors that I no longer buy blades for. Another one of my little secrets is that I have two too many junk drawers in my kitchen. Oh, and a junk closet. That's three drawers and one closet that most definitely should be used to organize important things, but instead they're full of dead batteries, old bills, loose change, light bulbs, pens, pencils, notepads and other junk. As for the linen closet upstairs that gets stuffed with laundry when company comes unexpected, unfolded fitted sheets and curtains I will NEVER hang in my house... I'm coming for you.
- I haven't been drinking alcohol or soda. I'm telling you, waking up on New Years Day without a hangover felt amazing and it challenged me to see how long I can go without drinking. Unlike some people, I can have fun without drinking and when I do drink, it takes me days to recover. So why even bother? It's never worth it anyway. My water intake in 2012 was horrible, in fact, I rarely ever chose water over something sugary. So far this year, water has been my number one choice and I can already feel the benefits.
- I'm eating breakfast! Yogurt, bran buds, berries and a drizzle of honey. Healthy and a great start to my day.
- I've been hungry for change. I always considered myself to be a healthy eater, but boy did I get a wake up call. After watching Hungry For Change, I realized what I thought was healthy is actually not healthy. We learned we have to pay close attention to what we're eating and to always look for healthy alternatives. So far, our meals have been balanced and we're feeling better overall. We want to live a long life, that's all there is to it.
- I'm reading a book! Yep, diving into a book any chance I can get. It's not a computer, it involves quiet time and I'm wishing I did more of it in 2012.
- We're planning a vacation. We don't know where, or when we're going but we're going. I need to feel heat on my face and sand in my toes and a mojito in my... I mean, a tall glass of water in my hand...
- We're insulating our basement and installing a new heating system. Which means the pool table will finally go downstairs and we'll no longer have a man cave on our main level! Oh yeah, and I guess it's important that we'll stop losing heat and stop paying ridiculously high oil bills.
- I'm watching too much TV. #TheBachelor, of course. The first episode promised a winter of drama so my #mondayblues don't stand a chance. Don't roll your eyes at me, have you seen this guy?
- I have been sharing my Blog. I have to admit, for the longest time I have avoided talking about my Blog with people for fear of being criticised. I decided I would be more confident this year, and if given the opportunity, I'd be proud to show people my work!
So I guess 2013 is off to a good start for me. How are you doing with your goals and resolutions?