Wednesday

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

My Chef friend and I, without following a recipe, created this simple but delicious soup on the weekend. I gave it two thumbs up and even the guys at the table were singing it's praises! All the ingredients you will need are bold and underlined!

 

Rinse and chop one large head of cauliflower into roughly the same sized chunks.
Peel, rinse and cube potatoes (4-5)
Peel 4 medium onions, cut in half.

On a roasting pan, combine all vegetables. Drizzle with regular or flavour infused olive oil. I used Tuscan Olive Oil. Sprinkle with S & P, be generous.

Roast for 40-45 minutes or until fork tender, golden brown and aromatic!

While veggies are roasting, take this time to peel two large carrots and dice small. Also, cut 1/2 pound of bacon and cook in a large soup pot. Once cooked, remove and set aside for garnish, drain access bacon fat from the pot, and add carrots to the pot with a tsp of minced, bottled garlic.

Cook carrots until fork tender, making sure to run your spoon along the bottom of the pot to lift the bacon drippings!

When the roasted veggies are done, add them to your pot of carrots. Add about 4-5 cups of water, until veggies are submerged, and add a tsp of vegetable stock mix for every cup of water.

Allow flavours to come together before using your blender to puree. I use a hand held blender which was such a good investment. Plug it in, drop it directly into the pot and push a button! If you are using a regular blender, just be very careful when you're transferring the hot pot of veggies and stock and make sure the lid on your blender is tight. Back in the pot, add a generous swirl of heavy cream and serve soon after.

Garnish with cheese, green onion and the bacon you set aside.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god. You and I are like twins. I think my hand blender (which by the way comes with multiple different spinning heads) was the best investment I've ever made in my life. I mean, I use it way more than my kitchen aid. Actually, I've never used my kitchen aid. P.S. Cauliflowers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I'm a vegetarian so I'd omit the bacon but everything else looks soo yummy! Thanks for posting :)
    xx L

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.