Wednesday

A Very Merry Christmas


I could write about all the food I ate; the cheese balls, dips and turkey dinners made with love by our Mothers. I could tell you about the people I laughed with or the ones that are in Heaven and how much I miss them this time of year. I could tell you about the Christmas parties I attended and the cute dresses I wore, or how singing carols makes me feel like a kid again. I could explain how the faint smell of a fire burning mixed with the cold winter air makes me feel at home. I could go on and on about the overwhelming feeling of love I felt from my Husband who never fails to surprise me with a special gift from the heart. The beautiful gifts given to us by our family, the decorations, the way the tree lights and candles in our living room make the evenings so romantic. I could tell you about the fun we had on Christmas morning watching our nieces and nephew opening gifts from Santa. I could write about the delicious wine and hot chocolate and cider. How nice it was to have something as simple as two boiled eggs and toast sitting on the floor of my parents living room in my slippers. I could write about the many times I was reminded that I am blessed.

Instead, I'll just say I had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you did too.

Rachel Emmilee
XO


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Sounds like my kinda Christmas. :) I had a wonderful holiday, and I'm glad to hear you did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Glad you had a good Christmas! Mmm, hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.