Tuesday

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans..."

- John Lennon
 
I woke up this morning to a cool breeze coming in our window. I could hear the rustle of the leaves on the trees, the sky was grey and the hot, humid weather was gone. This little hint that Fall is around the corner was the perfect start to my day! I am so ready to say good-bye to summer and hello to Fall clothing, pumpkin spice lattes, pickles, crisp fresh air and a better TV schedule!
 
The best part about this morning? I opened my eyes at 7am and it was the cool breeze that woke me, not an alarm clock. This is huge! Hey all you morning people, how do you do it? I give HUGE PROPS to those of you who can enjoy a coffee, watch the news or exercise before going to work. I am usually rushing, cranky and half asleep going out the door in the morning.

A few weeks ago I wrote a post called Me Time, Much Needed Me Time! where I talk about my need to find balance and make changes in my daily routine. One of the changes I decided I would make is to start listening to my body when it's telling me it's tired, and getting to bed earlier so that I can enjoy my mornings. Being a huge late night TV junkie, I'm proud to say that last night was my second time this week turning the TV off instead of staying up to watch my shows. Opting out of watching Bachelor Pad to go to bed early gave me two extra hours of sleep that I can really feel the benefits of this morning. Yay me! 

(I was really excited to give you that update.) I don't often listen to my body and do what's best for me, but lately I've been doing really good finding a balance. Putting my to do, must do, should do lists aside and just going with the flow, spending more time with friends, playing golf, relaxing on the beach and getting to bed earlier each night... I've even tried out some great new recipes!
 
I received a lot of encouraging notes from you, my readers, telling me how I can enjoy Me Time without feeling like I'm wasting time. I realize that making plans all the time is setting standards for myself that I can hardly ever meet. This leaves me feeling unproductive and tired at the end of the day, and enough is enough. Thank you all for your helpful advice and like always, thank you for reading. I love my blogging family!
 
 
Rachel Emmilee
XO




8 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm still trying to find the balance between "me time" and "lazy time" and "trying to do too much." It's nice to see that it's possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can't say I mastered it yet but I'm getting there! :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy :) that's great! As a morning person, I find that's really the best time to compose yourself and enjoy a few moments before the crazy day. I purposely wake up early to do it and everything balances itself out (even if that means crashing at 9:30pm!)

    Happy to hear you're finding your own balance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I LOVE waking up without an alarm!! It's absolutely one of my favorite feelings. And oh my goodness, I am so in awe of your ability to not watch television...we don't have TV service, but I watch all of my shows on Netflix and Hulu, and I waste waaay too many hours doing it. So good for you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me time is huge, we all need and deserve it-- I don't feel like a complete person without it.

    Good for you getting up early! I've always been an early riser, but it's difficult without enough sleep (and exercise). My day is always so much more positive when I've had my breakfast and coffee/tea with my love and leave for work with plenty of time to get to my desk without feeling bombarded by my to-do list.

    You can only "slow down" and enjoy life if you give your self enough ri e ro so so :)

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan... The last few mornings have been tough, but I'm still waking without an alarm which is nice. I honestly don't know how people train their bodies to wake, with energy to go running... I'd be happy if I could wake with ambition to brew coffee, sit and watch the news, take my time getting ready etc... I give you huge props!
      An exercise routine starts TODAY so hopefully that will help with the issue...
      Rach

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! Where did my comment go?! Okay, at the risk of having it show up twice (and me awkwardly repeating myself), isn't it amazing how once you start really focusing on yourself, you feel so... good? It's funny, because I've been in the same mode myself lately, and exercise has played a big role in my general happiness. But I'm right there with ya-- no morning energy from this girl.

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.