Monday

Part 4 - Good Morning Mrs. B...


G and I took the last shuttle home at the end of the night... Yes, home. Why wouldn't we go back to where we live, the most private, relaxing place we know? It was so nice coming home and taking the dress off, showering off the makeup, letting my hair down and crawling in our nice cozy bed. The day was incredible, the night was a party I'll never forget.

I felt so happy and content falling asleep. So close to G, my new husband, and so lucky to have such an incredible family and group of friends. In the morning, I woke up to "Good morning Mrs. B..." and knew it wouldn't take much getting used to. I loved the sound of it. I had been waiting to say it out loud for a very long time! Like my cousin Matt stated in his speech, I spent the last decade of my life (or maybe more) doodling my name with his on everything that found itself under my pen.

We went about our morning with our regular routine, coffee, lazing from one couch to another, giddy with newly married bliss. We had a family BBQ and gift opening to attend in the later afternoon so we took advantage of the quiet time. After a while, we had some visitors come by to visit before heading on their way, we had coffee and laughed about the night with them. It's always fun hearing about the night from friends, and even better when all agree it was a blast...

Later, at my Mom and Dad's house, both families and a handful of friends gathered for a BBQ. Mom and Dad pulled off a great party once again with a delicious spread and we spent the entire night around the fire pit playing tunes and singing at the top of our lungs.  My uncle set off another round of fireworks, and one of G's friends entertained us with some jokes. It was a great way to wrap up a fantastic weekend. From there, our family and friends had to leave and the Wedding weekend came to an end. I was very sad to see everyone heading back, but excited to get started on the next chapter.

It's been a dream come true. I explained at the wedding that growing up, I did what some people frown upon or consider clich√©; I grew up chasing the fairy tale. I really did. I even joked that it was during the rolling credits of The Little Mermaid that I started planning my Wedding. I looked for the Prince charming that would sweep me off my feet and give me butterflies, love me for who I am and promise me forever. My parents never discouraged me from that. I wouldn't tell anyone that fairy tales don't exist, that Prince Charmings are hard to come by or that happily ever afters are rare because I know these dreams can come true. Without the singing animals, wicked witches, dragons and fairy godmothers... I live in my own fairy tale.

 I am certain G and I will live happily ever after.


Rachel Emmilee
XO

11 comments:

  1. Ohhh youuu--that last paragraph brought me to tears! I'm so happy you have your fairy tale <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chrissy, I am such a sap, I know! Thank you so much for your comments... I'm excited to share our honeymoon adventures, since they were on your stompin' grounds! With G's (and my secret) obsession with live baseball after the game, we'll be sure to visit Boston on the regular so we'll have to meet up!

    @Brenna, I LOVE the white and gold. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all, amazing posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mrs... I am currently on the move but as soon as I am still I will curling up with your wedding story. SO excited to read it. :) Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS. SO happy you had a wonderful wedding. Sending you and G loads of love and luck for the future. Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies... Thank you so much for your kind words :) We are married one month today and I'm loving every minute of it!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO lovely! My sister married her G in April and they did exactly the same - chose to spend their wedding night in their own home, and the next day had a lunch BBQ with all the extended family and got to hear all the stories. Congratulations! x Precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P&J - So nice! Thank you for reading :)
      I think going home is the way to go... If you live close enough... It felt so nice waking up in our own bed and kickin' around our own place in the morning - not having to pack things up and check out!

      Delete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.