Thursday

Part 2 - The Wedding Day

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning in my old room, and like old times, my best friend Tess was sleeping beside me. My first thought was that I desperately needed more sleep until it quickly hit me that today was the day. I am getting married today. My stomach did a little flip, and I realized there was no way I was going back to sleep. I went upstairs where everyone else was still sleeping except my Dad who had left for the horse barn to feed the horses. I crawled in bed with Mom.

Today is the day she said.

My stomach did another flip.

My nerves were getting the best of me to the point that I couldn’t eat breakfast and even the water that washed down my stomach pill was forced. Where did these nervous jitters come from and WHY NOW? My sister encouraged me to eat something and my Mom told me I had to get up and move around, but all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and stop time.

Tess woke up from downstairs just as Katy arrived with her make up collection. It's too early for this. It was time to start getting ready and I was not READY.

I knew I had to call G. I didn’t care if I was breaking a rule or if it was bad luck, G was the only person who was going to calm me down. I snuck in my Mom’s bedroom, called his cell phone and when he answered I instantly felt better. He told me he had a quiet night with a friend back at our house, which was comforting to me. I had expected him to party hard the night before with his guys and was pleasantly surprised to hear he didn't. I told him I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and his comforting voice replied, “Don’t worry, I’ll be there”… I could tell he was smiling and I could hear the excitement in his tone. Not one bit nervous. I knew that a call would take away my nervousness, so when we hung up the phone I was more than ready to be a bride! 




Getting pretty!

Something new from the Groom, a beautiful diamond on a gold chain with a sweet note attached. His brothers delivered this sweet present and it was adorable. 

To be continued...

Rachel Emmilee
XO




6 comments:

  1. LOVE THESE!!!!! <3 Can't wait to read about the rest of your day... !! =) I LOVE the part when you called him.... UGH I got butterflies reading it, how fairytale like!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Also, I LOVE the hair. So old hollywood glam. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy! Glad you called him. I'm sure I'll do the same thing when the day comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really nervous, too!

    On the way to the church, I kept telling my sister (who was driving) that we should drive to Cancun and tell my fiance to meet us there. She was completely unsupportive of that idea.

    Question- did you get nervous again just blogging about the day? Because I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! :)
    Wow, all your comments are so lovely! XOXO

    @Little Wife... Blogging about it was so fun, I did feel a bit nervous writing about it and re-living the whole bit, but it was a blast... Heading over to your Blog now, thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.