Wednesday

I'll Start At The Beginning...

I'm taking advantage of a quiet moment on our honeymoon to write, as G is napping in the shade and I have way too much on my mind to sit quietly. It's the perfect setting. We're in cozy little house on a private beach in Cape Cod, the sun is shining and the sound of the waves crashing on shore could put you to sleep if you closed your eyes long enough. I'm looking across the patio at my new husband who is sun-burnt and sun-drunk and I'm loving every minute of this paradise, and this feeling. 

It has only been a week and a few days since we tied the knot but as each day passes, I fear that I’m going to forget a detail that made the whole experience so wonderful. I have been replaying each moment over and over in my head so that I can write it all down and never have to worry about forgetting how I felt as a newlywed. I am so happy. I am so overwhelmed with love for my family, my friends and of course my new husband that I could burst. From the moment he asked me to be his wife to this moment right now, I have loved every single day. I have loved the excitement of planning, rehearsing my new name and watching my ring sparkle in the sun, shopping and partying and preparing myself for the big day more than words can describe. It was everything I imagined it to be and more, and with this post I hope that years from now I can look back and remember the high. 


THURSDAY - June 28th – Rehearsal Day

My mother and I got on the road early to drive an hour away for last minute errands like buying liquor, food, paying off vendors and making a quick visit to the Spa.

I felt very calm on this morning. Despite the sudden rush to get things done, I knew that everything was going to work out perfectly. G was going to spend the morning doing some yard work, yes yard work, and I was going to tackle a few things on the road with Mom. As for the marriage being only days away, I wasn’t one bit nervous.

In the car Mom took advantage of the alone time to tell me she was very proud of me and very confident that G and I are meant to be. Her words of wisdom and her overall approval meant so much to me that morning. We ordered A&W burgers and fries for our drive home, and joked that it was our last meal together before I became a B.

The rush was on…

We got home at 2 in the afternoon and I had very little time to pretty up for the eventful night. I put on a cute white dress and drove myself ten minutes to town where first, I made an appearance at a cousins Graduation party and then off I went to the Church. When G and I arrived, our Wedding party and parents met us. I anticipated our rehearsal to be more stressful but it was very relaxed. Our Priest has become a family friend over the years, so he made sure we were comfortable and didn’t allow any tension to build. I have to admit, I was becoming a bit nervous at this point - reciting our vows with 20 eyes on us was intimidating and knowing that in two days there would be hundreds of eyes watching really spooked me. I was afraid I would be an emotional mess!

From there, we carried on to G’s family home where his Mom was the hostess of an awesome rehearsal party for both of our families. She went above and beyond, spent weeks landscaping and preparing her home so everything was beautiful and magazine worthy for all her guests. The BBQ was cranking out steaks and lobster, the fire pit was rockin', the tunes were on and everyone was having a great time. It was a fun start to the weekend. Some CRAZY people even saw the sun come up the next day and didn't go home with their wife-to-be, but that’s a story we'll skip. Let’s just say, if it weren’t for my father and his wise words, I would have had very little to say to G the day before our Wedding. Thanks Dad, for stopping me from being a nagging wife before actually becoming a wife…

FRIDAY - June 29th - The Day Before The Wedding.

My very hung-over fiancĂ© and I spent the morning lazing around our house. My Dad, uncles and brother in law arrived later to help with lawn mowing that had been put off because of rain. With all their helping hands we had a beautifully manicured lawn in record time. Not too long after, with a quick second wind, G geared up in his golf attire and left with his buddies while I enjoyed a quiet afternoon kicking around the house on my own. I really did, I spent the entire afternoon at home by myself cleaning, relaxing and preparing myself for the days to come...
Soon it was time to put the rubber gloves away. I packed my bag and drove into my Mom and Dad’s where all my friends were gathering for a girls night. I was pleasantly surprised to see G one more time before the night ended. Giving him a hug and knowing that the next time I would see him would be at the Church for our Wedding was overwhelming to say the least.




I spent the night with my girls and gay, watched bits and pieces of Mamma Mia, drank some wine and got pampered. I’ll never forget the love I felt that night, everyone was so loving and as excited as me! Our evening together helped me relax and get ready for the big day, and that was the greatest gift my friends could have given me.
Then, fireworks to wake the heavens! 



Watching the sky light up with beautiful colors, I wonder if the loud noise and bright lights are getting her attention up there...






Admiring the dress...


My Mom, Dad, sister and I shared a few happy tears when I gave my parents some gifts from my heart. My Dad laughed until he cried when I gave him a book that I personalized, and my Mom appreciated a handmade handkerchief with a personal note stitched on it. With a little push, I was off to bed… In the morning I would become Mrs. B…

To be continued…

Rachel Emmilee
XO

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! There's really no better feeling than being surrounded by loved ones<3

    Can't wait to read the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy! :) Oh there is lots more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the next part! Your dress looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAA!! Im excited to read this story .. And so happy that I got to be a part of your wonderful moments !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeay! I cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :)
    Part 2 coming right up... Thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were calm the day of your rehearsal?? I was totally freaking out!

    And I completely understand what you meant about feeling weird the night before the wedding- knowing that the next time you'd see your guy was on your WEDDING DAY! I had the same thing- he dropped me off at my house, and instead of saying, "See you tomorrow!" like usual, he said, "Marry you tomorrow!" and I burst into stressed, overly emotional tears. Man.

    I love your dress!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.