Skip to main content

Tagged, I'm IT! (Part One)



Yay! A few mornings ago I woke to find another Blog award sitting in my inbox! Wil.Harris3 awarded me a special tag that suggests my Blog to their readers. Wil.Harris3 are three sisters that share a Blog and write about fashion, do's and don'ts, tips and how to's... It's a very informative, inspiring Blog that I visit regularly and thoroughly enjoy. Thank you ladies!
To keep this game of tag going I have to tell you 11 random facts about myself, answer questions Wil.Harris3 asked me and of course, tag my favourite Bloggers! (Tag You're IT, Part Two is in the making...)


 


11 Random Facts

1) I am a Registered Massage Therapist.
2) I prefer a lazy movie night over a glamorous night out.
3) In all my years, I still haven't mastered blow drying and styling my hair in good time.
4) I'm one of those people that feels the need to tell you how crazy my dream was last night.
5) I am addicted to self adjusting my sacrum and SI joints by "cracking" my back several times a day. (Not good!)
6) I recently started collecting delicate tea cups.
7) I am 25, but pushing couches together, making pillow forts and watching cartoons is right up my ally.
8) I don't have any tattoos.
9) My hair was the blackest of black and blondest of blonde, and surprisingly both could pass as my natural hair color.
10) I often wonder why HE picked ME.
11) I will spend hours upon hours cleaning and scrubbing my house, but I'll be the first one to throw dirty laundry on the floor.

Wil.Harris3 Asks...


1. What song describes your life right now?


2. What are 3 words that describe your style? 
Simple
Boring
Recycled

3. If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be? On a serious note I could never pick just one thing to get rid of; sickness, war, hunger, money, debt etc... Wouldn't it be great if food never expired?


4. What is the cheapest gas price you can remember? I don't think I ever paid any attention.


5. Who is the celebrity you'd most likely to be best friends with? Tori Spelling!


6. What's the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still talk about to this day? So many things! I guess I was quite the character... One story I hear over and over is that I would sing, "Part Of Your World" and I'd hold myself up on the arm of the couch pretending I was on a rock in the ocean with my hair blowing in the wind.


7. If you could be an ice cream flavor, what would you be? I once worked in an Ice Cream Barn and when G was chasing after me he'd visit EVERY SINGLE DAY and order his fav, Maple Walnut! I think I'd have to go with that... 


8. When do you feel your sexiest? After a evening bubble bath!


9. What is your favourite line from any movie?
"If I forget to tell you later, I had a really nice time tonight" - Pretty Woman
"I love yah, always have, always will." - Braveheart


10. If you were a super hero, what would be your superpower? I watched Heroes and would be happy with any of the following powers: the ability heal fast and survive anything, fly all over the world, go back and forward in time, crack codes to bank/ATM machines OR to be invisible. All of these powers would have amazing benefits.


11. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
What time is it?
How much longer can I sleep?
What do I have to do today?
Ugh.

To be continued...

*Watch for Tag You're IT, Part Two*




Comments

  1. Love this! ( the brad paisley song is one of my favs!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Brad is the best... This song totally hits home right now!
    I'm glad you're enjoying my Blog, I'm loving yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I listened to that Brad Paisley song and I just want to make sure I'm hearing it right. At around 1:40, does he sing "Now you're my whole life, now you're my whore"? 'Cause that's kind of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers, we had fun learning more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jorge, get your head out of the gutter... WORLD not WHORE!
    @Will, thanks again for the Tag! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Written In Stone.

I visited her grave yesterday for the first time in a long time. It was August 8th, her Birthday, and I had spent the entire day thinking about her and working up the courage to pay her a little visit. It's hard for me to go there, but I knew it would be a good place to be alone with my thoughts and a safe place to talk out loud.

Standing over her grave, I thought about all the things we would have in common if she was still here. Her being twenty-three and me twenty-six, I know we'd be the best of friends - no different than before. I thought about how she would celebrate her big day and knew it would start with Eggo Waffles soaked in syrup while she watched A Baby Story, A Wedding Story and then What Not To Wear. She would have come up to our pool or gone down to the beach where she'd sit with her favorite book, a bag of Munchies and a cold can of Nestea. She'd be listening to her favorite music in her van and dreading any kind of party Mom was planning because she h…

Mornings. The Struggle Is Real.

He wakes up before his alarm clock and instantly rises to his feet. He doesn't wait for the alarm just so he can hit the snooze button three times, or stretch, rub his eyes or take a few minutes to process that it is now morning. He jumps out of bed. No matter how little sleep he had he appears rested, energized and ready to tackle the day. He lets OB out for a pee, throws the lazy dog back into our bed and hops in the shower. He makes a trip downstairs to freshen his clothes in the dryer and comes back upstairs to iron his outfit. He may pack himself a lunch, make a cup of coffee, and may even sit in front of the television with a bowl of cereal.


Me? 



For the life of me I have tried to rise and shine, but I just can't. I have even set the alarm on my tablet to wake me with a motivational message. Good morning, Rachel. It's a new day! Get up, make coffee, exercise! I have prepared a lunch the night before, gone to bed early, set out clothes, pre-set the coffee pot to brew…

Our Kitchen Makeover - Before & After

What I am about to say, I say with great certainty. If you and your spouse can get through a major home renovation project, you can get through just about anything.


Back in early November we set out to create the kitchen of our dreams. I had pinned enough ideas to design ten kitchens combined, all the materials were purchased, the job was quoted and within our budget, and finally all the more important home projects were behind us. This took having to accept that insulating our basement and installing an energy efficient heating system was more important than new cabinets and more counter space - which wasn't particularly easy for me. 


The goal was bigger and brighter. The original kitchen had only one tight corner you could work on, a low hanging microwave and one sink. It consisted of thirty year old hardwood floors that were scuffed and damaged by water among other spills, oak cabinets that aged to an unpleasant shade of yellow, warped laminate counter-top with a dated wood de…