Skip to main content

What's my age again?

My other half left this morning on an all guys hockey trip out of Province. I am so jealous that his hobbies take him on long road trips and even up, up and away to NFLD. I was never to (to? at? in? on?) NFLD but I hope to visit someday. Hopefully G will take lots of pictures and be on his best behaviour so he can actually tell me about the trip, rather than it being a beer induced, foggy memory.

When he told me a while back that he was going on this super fun long weekend with a bunch of guys I wanted to sook and make him feel bad about it. Why? Because that's what a girl does when she is needy and hates being apart from her man, duh! Then I remembered my fun long weekend with Vickie, Matt and Matt's boyfriend in Toronto for PRIDE. He didn't try to discourage me from wanting to go so I decided to be excited for him and show that by saying, "Oh awesome, you're going to have so much fun!" Aren't I sweet? If you're wondering why I had to choose to be excited, just know that we do everything together and I panic a little when I learn that he's going somewhere to have lots of fun without me.

With that being said, I take pride in being a girlfriend that doesn't hold him back. I do admit to being sooky when he decides to exclude me from plans, I do hammer it into his head that he must check in from time to time and I tend to send him a few too many texts... But who doesn't? I couldn't imagine not caring.

Really though, I love my girl time and alone time just as much and believe it or not, I have been looking forward to this weekend. What will I do, you ask?  If I don't get tempted by friends to go out and do something fun, or if the couch doesn't tempt me to lay on it all weekend, I hope to clean and bake. I know, I suck. What's my age again? You would understand if you saw my laundry room floor and the layer of saw dust on every surface that our new flooring project left behind. 

If I reward myself with a bubble bath, a bottle of wine, a chick flick and a much needed Skype date with my cousin Matt, the weekend should be very good. So good that I forget about my man bar hopping on George Street? I don't know about that one...

Here's to hoping that Sunday I am posting photos of my clean house and a healthy certain someone comes home and notices all I have done! :)

Rachel

Comments

  1. I LOVE alone girl time. Cherish it! It's such a beautiful thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl time is the best! Let go and have fun this weekend. Let us know how it went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you're way better than me at the whole letting-your-boyfriend-do-fun-things-without-you game. I have a weird jealous streak when it comes to him doing awesome things without me. I mean, we do plenty of stuff apart, but you definitely deal with in a much more mature way than I often do...=] And hey, like you said, you have to embrace having the remote to yourself while you have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! So far so good :) @Rachel, I won't be so mature and easy going when it comes to him going away on his Bachelor party WEEKEND, yes I said weekend, because a whole weekend is absolutely nessecary. Urgh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I stumbled upon your blog and I really like it! I read through your about me post and whatnot, and I might have missed it but...are you from Canada? Haha, but anyways I'm now a follower! :) If you want, you can check out my blog too: knowledgeaboutcollege.blogspot.com it's pretty new, but it's going to be geared towards helping kids through college issues from the perspective of a college kid!
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeremy, thanks for reading! I'd love to check out your Blog, sounds interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the Chef leaves me alone I tell him to text me every 10 minutes, after about half an hour I get bored and tell him to stop... but at least he does it for a wee while... last time he went away I LOVED it, I kicked up a bit of a stink because he was going skiing and that is MY thing too... but anyway, I was supportive and actually LOVED the time on my own. It was his idea to drive an hour home one night because he missed me. I didn't sook or nuthin' to get that :)Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Written In Stone.

I visited her grave yesterday for the first time in a long time. It was August 8th, her Birthday, and I had spent the entire day thinking about her and working up the courage to pay her a little visit. It's hard for me to go there, but I knew it would be a good place to be alone with my thoughts and a safe place to talk out loud.

Standing over her grave, I thought about all the things we would have in common if she was still here. Her being twenty-three and me twenty-six, I know we'd be the best of friends - no different than before. I thought about how she would celebrate her big day and knew it would start with Eggo Waffles soaked in syrup while she watched A Baby Story, A Wedding Story and then What Not To Wear. She would have come up to our pool or gone down to the beach where she'd sit with her favorite book, a bag of Munchies and a cold can of Nestea. She'd be listening to her favorite music in her van and dreading any kind of party Mom was planning because she h…

Mornings. The Struggle Is Real.

He wakes up before his alarm clock and instantly rises to his feet. He doesn't wait for the alarm just so he can hit the snooze button three times, or stretch, rub his eyes or take a few minutes to process that it is now morning. He jumps out of bed. No matter how little sleep he had he appears rested, energized and ready to tackle the day. He lets OB out for a pee, throws the lazy dog back into our bed and hops in the shower. He makes a trip downstairs to freshen his clothes in the dryer and comes back upstairs to iron his outfit. He may pack himself a lunch, make a cup of coffee, and may even sit in front of the television with a bowl of cereal.


Me? 



For the life of me I have tried to rise and shine, but I just can't. I have even set the alarm on my tablet to wake me with a motivational message. Good morning, Rachel. It's a new day! Get up, make coffee, exercise! I have prepared a lunch the night before, gone to bed early, set out clothes, pre-set the coffee pot to brew…

Our Kitchen Makeover - Before & After

What I am about to say, I say with great certainty. If you and your spouse can get through a major home renovation project, you can get through just about anything.


Back in early November we set out to create the kitchen of our dreams. I had pinned enough ideas to design ten kitchens combined, all the materials were purchased, the job was quoted and within our budget, and finally all the more important home projects were behind us. This took having to accept that insulating our basement and installing an energy efficient heating system was more important than new cabinets and more counter space - which wasn't particularly easy for me. 


The goal was bigger and brighter. The original kitchen had only one tight corner you could work on, a low hanging microwave and one sink. It consisted of thirty year old hardwood floors that were scuffed and damaged by water among other spills, oak cabinets that aged to an unpleasant shade of yellow, warped laminate counter-top with a dated wood de…