Tuesday

Rachel's Guacamole Recipe








YOU WILL NEED:

2 Large ripe Avocados
1 Pkg Guacamole Dip Mix or 1 tbsp Epicure Guacamole Dip Mix
Juice from 1 Small Lime
1 Basket of Cherry Tomatoes (I like lots of Tomatoes in every bite, you may want less.)
3/4 Block of Cream Cheese softened to room temperature.


I am assuming everyone knows how to open an AVOCADO and remove the pit. Other prep involves chopping the CHERRY TOMS either in half or quarters, soften CREAM CHEESE if it isn't already at room temp and role your lime to release the juices.


Mash the AVOCADOS in your go to dip dish with a fork, add CREAM CHEESE and combine well with a spatula, add DIP MIX PKG, squeeze LIME juice into mixture and combine. Fold in the CHERRY TOMATOES.


I like to serve this dip chilled. Leave the avocado pit in the dip while it's chilling to keep it fresh and prevent discoloration.


Enjoy!


*Update*
Since posting this, I've come to enjoy Guacamole all sorts of ways and rarely ever follow a recipe. Half the fun of Guacomole is that you can experiment with flavors and eat it with almost anything. Sometimes I add sour cream or even the littlest bit of cream cheese to thicken it and give it a creamy texture, and other times a sprtiz of lime and a little heat is all it needs. This recipe still kicks ass, but when it comes to Guacamole, I totally recommend winging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate to request word verification - but I'm over spam comments like I'm over Kim Kardashian.